Thank you for your interest in the Providence Alliance for Catholic Teachers (PACT). Catholic schools are a critical and life-giving part of the Church’s mission, working with families and communities to form children into who God made them to be. It is an honor and privilege to participate in this ministry.
The application is available at apply.providence.edu/apply/ on October 1st.
Please note: Your application is not complete until the Graduate School receives all the materials listed below. If you have any questions, or if an element of your application may be delayed, please contact the PACT office at 401-865-2657 or email@example.com.
The application includes:
- Online application, including:
- Personal Statement
- Three Recommendations
- Resume highlighting your experience with youth and/or in educational settings
- Transcripts: Current college seniors – Unofficial transcripts
All other applicants – Official transcripts from your institution(s) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to: Lisa Lombardo, Office of Admission, Providence College, 1 Cunningham Square, Providence RI 02918.
- For applicants to the Secondary M.Ed.: Proof of registration for the appropriate PRAXIS content knowledge exam. Scores are due to the PACT office June 1, 2023.
- $65 application fee (waived for all applications received on or before February 1, 2023)
The personal statement allows you to introduce yourself to PACT and to your potential school leaders and should illustrate the characteristics that will make you a successful PACT teacher. Keep in mind that your personal statement will be read by the PACT program interview committee as well as the leadership of potential school placements.
PACT is founded on three pillars: Teaching & Learning, Community, and Shared Dominican Spirituality. Discuss how you envision yourself engaging in each of these pillars and the gifts you bring to each domain. Try to answer:
- What is the purpose of education? What is the role of the teacher towards that purpose?
- What is the role of community in educational? How does it fit into your vision of your PACT experience?
- What is the role of faith and/or spirituality in the work of teaching?
- How do you see yourself learning and growing through two years in PACT?
- Your personal statement should be 1,000-1,300 words.
- Use specific examples and descriptive details.
- Write one coherent statement rather than disconnected responses to aspects of the prompts.
- Include your name within the document
The resume should highlight your experience with youth and/or educational programs
Current college seniors who will graduate between January 1 and June 1, 2022, may submit unofficial in-progress transcripts. Official transcripts showing a conferred degree and a final GPA of 3.0 or above will be required by June 30, 2023.
All others must request official transcripts be sent directly to Providence College from their institution(s).
PACT requires three recommendations from individuals who can speak to your strengths and openness to growth in key areas. Ensure that each recommender knows what area they represent.
PRAXIS Content Knowledge Test (Secondary M.Ed. only)
Rhode Island requires all secondary teachers demonstrate knowledge of their subject area sufficient to teach via the PRAXIS Content Knowledge series. A passing score is required before you can be admitted to the program. To submit your online application, we require proof of registration for the exam.