Site Home > PACT Benefits
Some of the benefits of your two years of service as a teacher in PACT:
- The joy and satisfaction of making a significant contribution to the lives of young people in their schools as full-time educators.
- The support of the principal and mentor teachers in your school.
- The support and encouragement of the staff of PACT Office, Campus Ministry and faculty at Providence College.
- PACT teachers’ schools are all within easy access of the PACT office. Ongoing support and assistance is always readily available.
- The support of living in an intentional faith community with fellow PACT teachers who are committed to teaching, living as a community, and deepening their faith and spirituality.
- Low rent housing is provided by the program.
- Annual stipend of $15,000
- Health Insurance.
At the conclusion of the program, you have earned:
- A Providence College Master of Education degree.
- Eligibility for initial certification as a secondary teacher or, if already certified, eligibility for certification in literacy or school administration.
- Two years teaching experience.
- Very high probability of employment as a teacher, especially in Catholic schools.
- PACT graduates have 100% employment rate as teachers; those not choosing to teach have entered graduate school for medicine, law or doctoral study