Applications for the next PACT cohort are now open:
Detailed application instructions are available here: Application instructions
Earn a tuition-free Master’s degree while serving students in PreK-12 Catholic schools. Please contact the PACT office with any questions. We are happy to help!
- October 16, 2020: Application opens.
- February 1, 2021: Application interview and placement process begins. Applications accepted after this date.
- May 1: School placement process concludes.
- May 26: First-year summer program begins with arrival at Providence College for orientation retreat.
- July 24: Summer program concludes. Teachers depart from campus.
- August: PACT teachers report to their placement schools for new teacher orientation as directed by their principals.
The PACT application is designed to support you in the process of discerning how God is calling you to use your gifts. If you have questions about anything–the schools, the experience, qualifications, or any part of the application and interview–please contact us!
Requirements of the Written Application
The written application introduces you to the PACT team as well as the principals and administration at potential placement schools. Here’s an overview:
- Online application: Information about the applicant and the degree track to which you’re applying, https://apply.providence.edu/apply.
- Unofficial transcripts: Unofficial transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework must be uploaded to the online application.
- Official transcripts: Official transcripts must be sent to Providence College via email (preferred) or mail. Current college seniors must submit official in-progress transcripts with application. If accepted, send official transcripts following graduation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mail: Lisa Lombardo, Office of Admission, Providence College, 1 Cunningham Square, Providence, RI 02918.
- Personal statement: Submit personal statement no more than four double-spaced pages in 12-point font. Full prompts are in the application instructions.
- Letters of Recommendation: The application requires 3 letters of recommendation in the areas of (1) Spirituality, (2) Academics, and (3) Professionalism. Additional information is in the application instructions.
- Test scores: The Praxis Content Knowledge test is only required for those applying to the Secondary Education M.Ed. degree.
- Application fee: The fee of $55 is can be paid via AFT or VISA/MasterCard in the application portal (waived for applications received before January 15, 2021). If the application fee presents a barrier to your application, please contact our office to discuss financial aid.
Application Process Overview and Timeline
Applications for the next cohort of PACT teachers are now open.
The application deadline is February 1, 2021. Late applications may be accepted on a case-by-case basis depending on applicant qualifications and the needs expressed by our partner schools—please contact us.
Interviews begin in February 2021. The PACT interview process has two stages.
- First, applicants who pass application review interview with the PACT team to determine whether applicants are a good fit for the program and qualified for their preferred degree track.
- Qualified applicants then interview with administration at potential placement schools. We make every effort to connect each applicant to 2-3 possible placements, and each partner school to 2-3 possible PACT teachers for their requests. Both prospective PACT teachers and the placement schools say “Yes” to each other before a placement is made.
Full acceptance to PACT is contingent on a school placement.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are welcome to apply to PACT. Be aware there are additional requirements for international students applying to Providence College graduate programs. For more information on these requirements, visit PC’s International Students page. Please also contact the PACT office directly. We are glad to help you navigate the particulars of your status during the application process.
If you have any questions at any point in the application process, please contact the PACT office at 401-865-2657 or email@example.comONLINE APPLICATION